Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2001 18:43:59 +0100 (CET)
From:      wolfgang@lyxys.ka.sub.org (Wolfgang Zenker)
To:        Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        Wolfgang Zenker <wolfgang@lyxys.ka.sub.org>, gnats-admin@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/33311: mozilla+ipv6 0.9.7,1 unusable, profile folder not found

Hello,

> > I now tried port "mozilla" instead of "mozilla+ipv6".
> > If I start just "mozilla" without any options, it terminates without
> > any output after half a second. If I start "mozilla -ProfileWizard"
> > I get the profile selection menu, again without the possibility to
> > select a folder.

> I'm unable to reproduce this on 4.5-PRE with a clean upgrade to mozilla
> 0.9.7.  What I did was first _remove_ the mozilla-headers port, then I did
> a portupgrade mozilla.  Next, I did a portupgrade -m -DWITH_FULL_MOZILLA
> galeon which reinstalled my mozilla-headers.  Now, I'm able to use Mozilla
> and Galeon without any problems.

I never installed the mozilla-headers port in the first place, and pkg_info
does not show this port either. I only used ports "mozilla+ipv6" and now
"mozilla", removing both again with "make deinstall" after they failed to
work.

> All my other Gnome/Gtk bits are current as well.

I use icewm as window manager and have only those Gnome/Gtk bits installed
that where pulled in by other ports. All installed ports are up to date,
according to portupgrade.

Wolfgang