Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 1997 19:03:55 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: termcap question

Vincent Poy scribbled this message on Apr 27:
> On Sun, 27 Apr 1997, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
>
> > Vincent Poy scribbled this message on Apr 27:
> > > 	On the older FreeBSD versions, I can add a entry in /etc/termcap
> > > and it would update the termcap database but in the recent -current, it
> > > seems that termcap.db doesn't update.  What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > cap_mkdb /usr/share/misc/termcap
> >
> > the location has reciently changed to /usr/share/misc so that you don't
> > have to have the symlink in /etc any more... the cap_mkdb is neccessary
> > to rebuild the database that makes looking up termcap entries faster...
>
> 	I just figured this part out... However, something weird is
> happening, the termcap entries I manually put in no longer works anymore.
>
> linux|linux console:\

[...]

>         :vi=\E[?25l:tc=klone+sgr:tc=klone+color:tc=klone+acs:

my closest guess is that tc=klone+sgr and tc=klone+color are not last
as termcap(5) says it's suppose to be...  but other than that, I don't
know...

> linux-m|Linux console no color:\
>         :Co@:pa@:\
>         :AB@:AF@:Sb@:Sf@:tc=linux:
>
> 	When I did:
>
> root@earth [5:10pm][/usr/share/misc] >> cap_mkdb /usr/share/misc/termcap
> cap_mkdb: Record not tc expanded: linux|linux console
> cap_mkdb: Record not tc expanded: linux-m|Linux console no color

and then this one (linux-m) isn't expanded because there is now linux...

> 	Any ideas?

hope the above it true... but I'm not sure... ttyl..

--
  John-Mark
  Cu Networking                             Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD