Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 1995 02:39:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steve Rose <rose@dml.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cdrom changer

I just picked up a Nakamichi MBR-7 cdrom changer.  It works just fine with
Windows 95 and NT.  Rumour has it that it also works with Linux
(apparently with some problems with simultaneous access).  I suppose that
I can use it with Windows 95 and NT, but I would rather have it on my
server running FreeBSD.  Apparently, it has seven luns, one for each disk.
I've tried everything that I can think of to get it to work.  I even
hardwired seven entries in the config file with FreeBSD 2.1.  It only
finds lun 0.  That mounts just fine.  It calls itself a type5(readonly)
removable SCSI2 device.  Also, I've tried the ch device, but it's never
recognized as a changer.  Does anyone have any insight into this?  Thanks.

Steve Rose