Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 1996 13:51:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sun monitors

> I just got hold of a Sun monitor.  It's a _huge_ thing, and I want to
> swap out my present MAG-17F for it.  I have a couple of problems, and I'm
> looking for assistance.  One thing is the cable that came with it.  One
> end is a perfectly normal 15 pin VGA, the other end has been hacked, and
> just ends in 5 wires.
>
> The wires are red, green, blue, gray, and black.  I've been told that the
> red, green, and blue are the RGB video, black is sync, and gray ground.
> What I need it the kind of connector that the Sun monitor seems to want,
> which is a very strange one: sort of a 25 pin D connector, with several
> of the pins being replaced with larger coax connectors.  Like a
> D-connector on steroids.  Does anyone know where I might get one of these
> beasts, and maybe how to wire it?  I doubt I could even count pins right
> on it (unless maybe it comes labeled).

I believe the connector is identical to the Amiga 1000 monitor connectors,
if that's any help.

It probably won't be.  The monitors are fixed frequency, so it is unlikely
that you will be able to run them in a normal "text mode" without a
special video card.

You need to talk to the XFree86 list on this one.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.