Date:      Thu, 2 May 1996 01:37:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        knarf@camelot.de
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -current-ports under -RELEASE

 * I usually use the -current-ports under 2.1.0-RELEASE, because I want
 * to stay up to date. This ususally works fine, but there are some ports
 * (top, ssh, ...), which don't compile under -RELEASE.

That's why it's under -current. :)

 * I think the -current-ports should work under the _latest_ release and
 * if that is not possible, there should be a flag or something which
 * says it is impossible to compile this port under -RELEASE, perhaps
 * with a small explanation...

It is not possible, unless someone volunteers to take care of
synchronizing the two port trees.  I'm stumped with the -current tree.

Satoshi