Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 1995 18:34:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, XFree86@XFree86.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 locking up

On Sun, 11 Jun 1995, J Wunsch wrote:

> As -Vince- wrote:
> >
> > 	This is actually a 1991 video card using the TSENG ET-4000AX
> > chipset with the Sierra Hi-Color 32k RAMDAC.  I was looking at the manpages
> > and also the XF86Config.eg file but I didn't see a ``option "nomemaccess"''
> > option.  Also, do you know what happened to all the Alt-Fn key bindings
> > in XFree86 that comes with FreeBSD 2.0.5 since it used to work with the
> > XFree 3.1.1 server.
>
> Hmm, if it's a plain ET4000 VGA, it doesn't have direct memory access
> (hence also no "nomemaccess").

	Hmmm, so is there really a way to find out what the problem really
is?

> Which Alt-Fn bindings?

	Well, with FVWM, these are the defined keys, it worked in the
XFree86 v3.1.1 and v3.1 but not the one from FreeBSD 2.0.5R... Here is
the part from my .fvwmrc file:

# Keyboard accelerators
Key F1		A	M	Raise
Key F2		A	M	Lower
Key F3		A	M	Iconify
Key F4		A	M	Iconify
Key F5		A	M	Move
Key F6		A	M	Resize
Key F7		A	M	CirculateUp
Key F8		A	M	CirculateDown
Key F9		R	A	Exec exec "Xterm" xterm &

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UCLA Physics/Electrical Engineering - UC Berkeley Fall '95
SysAdmin bigbang.HIP.Berkeley.EDU - Running FreeBSD, Real UN*X for Free!