Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 2001 09:00:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/24901: gnomevfs 0.5 broken by recent libc/libc_r changes

The following reply was made to PR ports/24901; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To: Ollivier Robert <roberto@eurocontrol.fr>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 18:58:09 +0200

 Ollivier Robert wrote:

 > According to Maxim Sobolev:
 > > Have you recompiled/reinstalled all pthread-using ports after upgrading
 > > your -current system? If not please do so, because it's likely to be the
 > > source of this problem.
 >
 > I have already recomiled glib 1.2.8 and tried again to compile gnomevfs. No
 > go. Many ports still use « -pthread » to link-in -lc_r and this doesn't
 > work anymore (one needs to use only -lc_r).
 >
 > So either we add a dependency on -lc inside -lc_r or we need to change
 > every port...

 You are wrong. -pthread option now instructs linker to link both libc_r and libc
 (see freebsd-ports, cvs-all and freebsd-current mail archives for details).
 gnomevfs depends on many libraries, so I doubt that recompilation of only glib
 will be necessary. The recommended procedure is to do "rm -rf /usr/X11R6
 /usr/local" and reinstall all from the scratch. I did this procedure some time ago
 (after libc_r wild) and after that successfully compiled gnome-vfs, nautilus et
 al.

 -Maxim