Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 1997 08:14:15 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        webmaster@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Technobabble homepage (Was: Ick!)

> Let me be extremely clear.  I have zero tolerance for marketing
> nonsense.  I don't have any use at all for the fools who are swayed by
> it, and would just as soon not deal with the headaches they are sure
> to cause later.  I despise people who put huge piles of non-standard
> CRAP in their Web pages.

Fine, we know where you stand.  I would expect no less from a
died-in-the-wool academic.

> Now, far be it from me to tell you that you should not spend your own
> money however you wish, including possibly attempting to attract more
> idiots to our system.  I would just as soon Mr. Bill kept those users,
> myself.  Now that I know where you're coming from, I'll have to watch
> more closely....

I think that cuts both ways. ;-) In any case, you're entitled to your
opinion and I'm entitled to note in return that people like you are
exactly why Bill is where he is today.  With a contemptuous disregard
for real-world issues such as these, you would happily lead us all
down the road to dissolution if there weren't a few voices of reason
to offset your myopic and wholly naive mindset.  It's a pity that your
ilk dominated UNIX in the early days or we might not be facing the
Microsoft juggernaut today - I do indeed hold you completely
responsible for that.

> Ummm, are these the FreeBSD Web pages or the Jordan K. Hubbard Web
> pages?

I don't tell you how to run the networking subsystem since that's your
patch.  As PR officer, it's mine to attract more people and I don't
expect you to tell me how to do my job, either.  Thanks for your input
and next customer, please.

						Jordan