Date:      Sat, 10 Nov 2001 07:59:00 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: asf audio player?

Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au> types:

> On 10-Nov-2001 Mike Meyer wrote:
> >  I've got some Windows media player (asf) audio files I'd like to
> >  play. Can someone recommend a converter for them? Sox from the ports
> >  tree doesn't seem to recognize it :-(.
> Have you tried graphics/mplayer?

Not until now - and it didn't work :-(. There's no video stream in the
file, only audio - the initial extension was wma - and mplayer says it
can't find the video and exits.

> It uses the Windows codecs to play a lot of different types of files.
>
> It is very good :)

Well, it's not to bad if it has a video stream. But it didn't help
with my problem.

	Thanx,
	<mike
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.