Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2000 19:30:03 +1200
From:      "Dave Preece (KB Group)" <dave.preece@kbgroup.co.nz>
To:        Lists Account <lists@security.za.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Kernel compile problem?

> Just wondered if anyone could help me out here, Im trying to
> cvsup from
> 4.0-RELEASE to 4.1-STABLE and on a make depend on my kernel I get the
> following:
>
> ===> agp
> make: don't know how to make agp_if.c. Stop
> *** Error code 2
>
> Anyone else getting this error on a build?

Yup. I've spent the last hour or two banging my head on it. There's a
variety of answers on freebsd-questions
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/search.cgi?words=agp+cvsup&max=25&sort=score&sou
rce=freebsd-questions). These include " 'make buildkernel' works fine ",
"RTFM /usr/src/UPDATING" and "get usr-share as well". None of which work for
me. I currently have a really minimal install, so I'm currently installing
all the 4.0 sources to do a cvsup with src-all then a make buildkernel (or
even a world) to see how it goes.

Last time I tried cvsup'ing it was 3.3 to 4.0 and a complete disaster. Had
to use the CD's in the end (me=lam3r).

Dave

BTW, Best directed onto -questions, por favor.