Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:00:12 +0100
From:      Michael Naef <cal@linu.gs>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Looking for advise regarding MTA/IMAP/POP server

On Friday 15 February 2008, Leander wrote:
> Hi Scott,
> I do not have any experience with SurgeMail.
> Recently I used imapsync
> (http://www.freshports.org/mail/imapsync/) to migrate about
> 250 mailboxes from courier imap to dovecot. I wrote a little
> perl skript to fetch the login credentials from MySQL and then
> sync each mailbox.
> Can=B4t say much about performance or scalability, but I have
> read of people migrating/syncing about 20k+ mailboxes with it.

We used dovecots PostLoginScripting with=20
courier-dovecot-migrate.pl to convert the Mailboxes at the first=20
login time. See http://wiki.dovecot.org/Migration/Courier.=20
170'000 mailboxes were migrated from courrier to dovecot this=20
way.

=46or other Systems have a look at=20
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Migration

Have fun,