Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 2010 16:53:20 -0800
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
To:        Zoran <zoran@fooboo.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: happy hacker lite 2 keyboard

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 06:17:08AM +0100, Zoran wrote:
> Thaks for reply.
>
> > I have one in use since ~5 years. The typing feel is a lot better compared
> > to the Logitech keyboard I had before.
> > The only problem I have with mine is that it's not usable with the boot
> > loader menu. It seems to be hardware related as it works fine with other
> > computers (using different chipsets).
>
> There is always chance to use it with ps2 converter. All new keyboards
> are usb in fact, but I add that little plastic in between.

I should note that the feature needed in your BIOS to make a USB
keyboard work in operating systems that lack USB drivers (ex. MS-DOS,
FreeBSD bootloader, GRUB, etc.) is often called "USB Legacy" or "USB
Keyboard/Mouse Emulation".

If your BIOS does not offer this capability, you need to contact your
system manufacturer and discuss this fact.  Don't bother to mention
FreeBSD or GRUB.  Simply tell them that when you boot into MS-DOS via a
floppy or CD-ROM, you cannot type anything at the C:\> prompt on your
keyboard.

Otherwise, try upgrading the system BIOS + reset the settings to
factory defaults and see if you find any improvement.  If not, continue
communicating with your system manufacturer.

--
| Jeremy Chadwick                                   jdc@parodius.com |