Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:07:02 +0100
From:      Christoph Friedrichs <christoph.friedrichs@helinet.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with libthr after update

Hi Guys,

I?m relatively new with my freebsd -current box and actual experiencing
problems with starting kdm and portupgrade. Everytime I do so the
kdm-bin log explodes with this error messages:

Fatal error 'Cannot allocate red zone for initial thread' at line 382 in
file /usr/src/lib/libthr/thread/thr_init.c (errno = 12)
Fatal error 'Cannot allocate red zone for initial thread' at line 382 in
file /usr/src/lib/libthr/thread/thr_init.c (errno = 12)
Fatal error 'Cannot allocate red zone for initial thread' at line 382 in
file /usr/src/lib/libthr/thread/thr_init.c (errno = 12)

I googled this problem and found something concering some ruby packages.
I did a manual rebuild of

ruby-1.8.6_2,1
perl-5.8.8
ruby18-bdb-0.6.2
db41-4.1.25_4
portupgrade-2.3.1,2

With this rebuild problems with portupgrade were solved but kdm keeps
refusing to start with same error messages. In UPDATING I found this:

20071009:
        Setting WITHOUT_LIBPTHREAD now means WITHOUT_LIBKSE and
        WITHOUT_LIBTHR are set.

Does this probably have something to do with this?

Any help will be highly apreciated,

many greetings from Germany

Christoph Friedrichs