Date:      Sat, 20 Oct 2007 13:26:21 +0200
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Beat_G=E4tzi?= <beat@chruetertee.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Project ideas page: UPDATING parser and displayer

Beat Gätzi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I read at the project idea page about the UPDATING parser and displayer.
>  I wrote a small script that parses and displays entries from
> /usr/ports/UPDATING: pkg_updating
>
> With the -p argument only entries for the given portname are shown.
> Without the -p argument entries for all installed ports are shown. The
> -f defines an alternative location of the UPDATING file. With the -d
> argument only newer entries than the given date are shown.
>
> Examples:
>
> Shows all entries of all installed ports:
> # pkg_updating
>
> Shows all entries of all installed ports since 2007-01-01
> # pkg_updating -d 20070101
>
> Shows all entries for all apache ports
> # pkg_updating -p apache

It would be better if one can omit -p. Then pkg_updating will be more
"compatible" with other pkg_* commands (e.g. pkg_info which shows all
installed packages without any argument or just info for given package[s].
(so one can use `pkg_updating apache mysql` and get information for both)

Anyway your work is good!

regards
Miroslav Lachman