Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 18:40:47 -0500
From:      Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Documenting FreeBSD Officers, Hats, and Working Groups

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 23:02:29 +0000
Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 05:41:20PM -0500, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> > On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 22:14:55 +0000
> > Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net> wrote:

> > > I think it would be useful to have a list of all the hats and
> > > their members in one place though - I saw at least two people
> > > state they didn't know who was in the TRB this week.
> >
> > Actually, I thought of this so they can be used at the internal
> > area, and then in the places (like releng) we can use entities and
> > just keep one file current.  Perhaps hats.ent in the internal area
> > would be a better idea than developers...
>
> We *might* be talking about the same thing here, but I'm not sure.
> With the addition of the entities you mention above, I had in mind
> something like (in whereever it ends up).  The entire thing is
> mutable, but it shows what I am talking about quite well:
>
> <sect1>
>   <para>The following teams exist within the FreeBSD
>   organization.</para>

We are extremely close.  However, you seem to be looking more at
doing this in an article sort of fasion.  Let me paint a picture for
you with an idea:

We have places throughout the website where we list team members/hats.
the re area is one.

We have other places which list re members and other hats.  Why not
define these teams in a single file.  Then call that file from the
other places (ie: parts of the site, hat listings, etc) and then
put up a specific page in internal which just lists the hats.

I think this would make life much easier for everyone.

Ideas?

--
Tom Rhodes