Date:      Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:13:51 +0200
From:      Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: AMD64 optimization on FreeBSD 5.4 i386

On 04 Apr Bachelier Vincent wrote:
> Does I compile with march=k8 under cflags ?
> for example: CFLAGS=-O2 -march=k8 -pipe
> 	     CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS
>
> Well, what do you think ?
> could I optimize more than CPUTYPE=k8 ?
> ok see ya

Don't have an answer to /your/ question, but mine is related (I think).
Is it still advisable to have "-O -pipe" in /etc/make.conf?
I have a duron 800. Does the "-O2" flag give more errors or is it better
than using the -O?

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11 ++ FreeBSD 5.3