Date:               Tue, 6 Jun 1995 15:28:46 +10
From:      "Aaron Elliott." <AARONE@h409-fs3.prahran.swin.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:          X311R6, install, mice.

Hi All..

  I am trying to install X311R6 on FreeBSD 2.0.5-ALPHA on to a 486DX33
  with 8Mb.  The VGA card  is an ISA BUS Trident TVGA9000 with 512K
  RAM.

  I am very close.  When I type 'startx' it comes up with (amongst
  other messages):

MIT-SHM extension disabled due to lack of kernal support.
PEXExtensionInit: Couldnt open default PEX font file Roman_M

Server fatal:
Cannot open mouse (No such file or directory)

  It looks like it cant find the mouse! (derr)
  When I do: (following instuctions in the README/FAQ Install file)

cd /dev
sh MAKEDEV tty00

  it completes without error.  When I try and check the mouse output,
  as:

cat < /dev/tty00

  it comes back saying no such device!  The mouse is connected, the
  device does appear as a 16550 compatible device at start up.

Help!!!! Im so close it hertz!!!

Thank You...

Aaron Elliott, CNA.                                  [VK3AJQ]
Swinburne University of Technology, Prahran Campus. Melbourne
Australia.

InterNet: aarone@homer.prahran.swin.edu.au.
FidoNet:  aaron@3:632/370.fidonet.org.
GSM Mobile: +61 41 111 5056