Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 20:20:31 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "P. U. (Uli) Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   gnome Menu Editor: Some apps will not start

Hi!

There are some (not all!) applications I can't start from
the gnome menu.
For example the Opera: Typing
# opera &
into an xterm will start the browser all right, typing
	opera
into Menu Editor's command and clicking the menu will start
some activity on my harddisk but the browser will not be
diplayed. Even more interesting:
When I put opera into the command and activate the "Run
in terminal" button, Opera and a gnome terminal will be
opened.
With many other apps (like netscape or mozilla) there is no
problem like this.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Uli.