Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2007 22:17:07 +0400
From:      Dmitry Gorbik <e@recolon.ru>
To:        "Steve Franks" <stevefranks@ieee.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: anyone have a favorite laptop?

--Sig_a4XrNfu3mOKLN3tgDuyVz2W

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:00:33 -0700
"Steve Franks" <stevefranks@ieee.org> wrote:

> The freebsd laptop page is a nice resource, but it's a bit heavy on
> specifics (i.e. I have a laptop I want to install on), not so good
> generally (want to buy a laptop).  So anyone have realworld advice?
> I'm not against something used in the 1GHz+ range.
>=20
> <I have a compaq that is %#&*!^$.  The pcmcia will not work, the
> ndiswrapper for the broadcom panics, etc.  So, compaq is right out
> (the've always maintained their poor reputation, no?) - so compaq is
> out.  Seems gateway has an equally bad rap>
>=20
> Thanks,
> Steve
rg"

As for me, I have never had problems with running FreeBSD on Sony VAIO lapt=
ops. I use Sony PCG-TR3/B and all except motion eye (didn't tested) is work=
ing here. I had experience trying to get working FreeBSD at Amilo Pa2510, b=
ut had troubles with Radeon x1200 video-card. So you should look at laptops=
 with intel videocards or ndidia.