Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 1998 06:27:29 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        laotzu@juniper.net (Chris Parry)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Camera/sound for FreeBSD

> Hi, I'm doing some work with multicast and need to know what would be a
> good video camera/sound card combo for this.  Currently my head is set on
> an AOpen AWE 37 for sound, and a Haupauge video capture board, but don't
> yet have a camera found for it.   There was a Haupauge with a camera
> included that FreeBSD definitely supported but naturally is discontinued
> now.

I have a small and cheap Sony "Z-cam" or whatever is called (approx
cigarette-box size) which works reasonably well.

As for capture card, if you need only video capture and no tuner, I
have seen a cheap grabber-only card from Avermedia (www.avermedia.com)
which sells for about US$65. Still based on the Bt848 i.e. supprted by
FreeBSD.

	luigi