Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 1998 23:44:58 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ITK Support

"Martin Husemann" writes:
>Markus Döhr wrote:
>
>> Are there any problems with implementing active cards? I read something
>> about time critical things long time ago in a Linux list, but I'm not very
>> into this stuff...
>
>No, no real problems if (a) the interface to the card is documented, (b) the
>interface is reasonable and (c) the card behaves like the docs promise.

the real problem is that a lot of active cards require a CAPI interface,
which we do not have (yet). Implementing a CAPI in a reasonable manner
and interfacing it to the existing i4b structure is a problem which is
being worked on (I have to get this going to support the AVM B1).

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de
Work - garyj@fkr.dec.com