Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 1997 16:06:23 -0600
From:      Roland Krocin <roland@netchicago.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   nslookup and named

Hello,
	I'm running FBSD 2.1.6 and have recently been having a problem with
nslookup, namely when I do a (on the ns1 machine)

% nslookup - ns1.netchicago.net
*** Can't find server name for address 205.164.13.70: Server failed
*** Default servers are not available

...and it falls back to the prompt. Yet when I run nslookup without any
parameters it goes to the default localhost (which is the same as the
ns1 machine) fine. The above machine is registered with internic and
appears in /etc/hosts. Is this some sort of a namedb zone problem (yes,
the machine is listed in the zone db file as well)? Thanks to everyone
in advance!!

btw, if it matters, i'm running bind v4.9.5-P1

--
- Roland