Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 2010 18:55:33 -0400
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
Cc:        stas@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing Ruby suggestion

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com> wrote:
> Greetings again. When doing a "make install", it takes *forever* in the "=
Generating RDoc documentation" step. This isn't a big deal the first time, =
but when updating Ruby (such as for the recent security announcement), you =
need to do a "make deinstall" before you do a "make reinstall". Having that=
 second step take a long time means that there is a longer time that there =
is no Ruby on the system.

> Could the RDoc step be done during "make" instead of "make install"?

Generally its best to CC the maintainer as well. In this case the
maintainer is stas@freebsd.org

That being said: I second this request ;)

--=20
Eitan Adler