Date:      Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:51:25 +0100 (MET)
From:      Adriaan de Groot <adridg@cs.kun.nl>
To:        amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Still panics with atapi use

After 3 panics yesterday, I finally got one while not in X, so's I could
jot down the details. the system is an amd64 3200+ on an asus k8v, with 1G
ram and a single 120G sata HDD on the onboard Promise PDC20378 (ad4 on
ata2). There's an atapi CDRW on the primary (P)ATA connector, as slave.
It's acd0 on ata0. It runs at PIO4.

The usage scenario is each of the past 4 panics has been the same: dagrab
-a -d /dev/acd0. It doesn't seem to be correlated to heavy cpu loading or
other disk usage. Details of this last panic (as usual, text paraphrased,
but the numbers are exact):

fatal trap 12, page fault while in supervisor mode
cpuid = 0 apic = 0
fva = 0x20
fc  = supervisor read, page not present
ip  = 0x8:ffffffff8036b06c
sp  = 0x10:ffffffffaa78cbb0
fp  = 0x10:ffffff0000b1f000
cs  = base 0x0 limit 0xfffff type 0x1b
      DPL 0 pres 1 long 1 def32 0 gran 1
pef = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
cp  = 2 (g_event)
tn  = 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 0
uptime = 2d 13h (weird, i'm sure it paniced at least twice yesterday)

The system was last rebuilt december 15th,

FreeBSD beans.ebn.kun.nl 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #15: Mon Dec 15
21:44:44 CET 2003
root@beans.ebn.kun.nl:/usr/obj/mnt/sys/CURRENT/src/sys/BEANS amd64

ANy hints on how to track this down better?

--
 Adriaan de Groot    adridg@cs.kun.nl     Kamer A6020     024-3652272
GPG Key Fingerprint 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE