Date:      Fri, 17 May 2013 01:24:20 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
Cc:        Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: List Spam Filtering

Bruce Cran wrote:
> On 11/05/2013 02:34, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> > Good question. I don't know why. I wish all were, it would keep spam out.
>
> There have been some discussions about this in the past.
> freebsd-questions doesn't require subscribing to avoid people who may be
> unfamiliar with mailing lists being put off posting to it.

That burdens FreeBSD lists with clueless, lazy non subscribers, & spammers.

Web forums exist for those too lame to subscribe & forums can have Captcha.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".