Date:      Wed, 03 Feb 1999 23:05:50 -0500
From:      "Mark S. Reichman" <mark@borg.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't save userconfig...  Getting bummed...

I cant save userconfig.  Its as simple as that.
I am using 3.0 stable.  I just received an email from
someone else having the same problem.  Can everyone
else save usrconfig in 3.0 stable except for the two
of us?  I could save it in 2.2.5 through 3.0 release just fine,
but it stopped saving right after upgrade to 3.0 stable.
This did actually cause me to further
refine my kernel though and eliminate everything
that I was disabling in the visual userconfig.  I dropped
almost 400k worth of kernel. So.. I guess it was a
good thing. I still (big headache) must manually enter my pnp
stuff every time I boot though.  As far as I know this
doesnt go directly into the kernel config file, or can it?
Anyways, how about someone please letting me know if they
are able to save their kernel config in 3.0 stable  and
where does it actually get saved?
--

                    \|/
                   (@ @)