Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:53:48 -0800
From:      Christopher Nielsen <cnielsen@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Updated ATAPI/CAM patches

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 02:45:04PM -0500, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Søren Schmidt wrote:
> > I'll quit the ATA/ATAPI development/maintenance if this goes in quickly.
>
> What?  Are you looking at the same patches that everyone else is?
>
> I'd expect this sort of foot-dragging if the patch were intrusive to the
> ATA drivers but its not.

FWIW, I'll volunteer as a tester. I need this functionality.
I've applied the patch to -stable and used it extensively with
not even the slightest hint of problems. I'd offer to help
maintain it, but a) I'm not a committer, b) I don't think I
have the time right now, and c) I'm not familiar enough with
ATA/ATAPI, CAM, or the patches to be an effective maintainer.
Not to mention it's not my code. :-)

--
Christopher Nielsen - Metal-wielding pyro techie
cnielsen@pobox.com