Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 08:27:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Chance Gray (CSC)" <gray@chuma.cas.usf.edu>
To:        davidg@root.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1 problems (fwd)

On Thu, 11 Jan 1996, David Greenman wrote:

> >I recently upgraded to 2.1 from 2.1-SNAP.  When I log in now from a
> >remote machine I can barely run anything.  Simple things like 'cat' and
> >'ls' lock up my sessions.  Everything except the ports works fine from
>
>    It sounds like a problem that was fixed in 2.1-stable. Can you SUP/upgrade
> to that and see if the problem goes away?
>
> -DG
>
> David Greenman
> Core Team/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project

I have run sup and recompiled the kernel and all binaries successfully.
Still when I log into my machine from a remote machine and run 'ls' my
session hangs.  Maybe it is something simpler, like incorrect permissions
on my pty?  Any help is much appreciated.

Correction: I unaliased ls from 'ls -aF' to just 'ls' and it works.  Now
it seems that 'ls -a' does not work along with 'more' and 'cat'.  Except
they all work on the console.

Chance Gray
CAS Computing
x2418