Date:      Sun, 7 Jun 1998 08:10:08 -0400
From:      MALCOLM BOFF <Malcolm_Boff@compuserve.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, dwhite <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Subject:   Re: Problems & fixes

Doug, This does not really help me in what I am looking for.

My assumption is that when a RELEASE is made say 2.2.2-RELEASE and
problems are found, reported and perhaps fixed they are applied to
2.2.2-STABLE etc ie 2.2.2-RELEASE remains static.

What I am looking for is a) problems reported for a given RELEASE and
b) whether or not a fix is available.

I know that perhaps I should continuously upgrade from STABLE but like a
lot of others I don't have the time and tend to upgrade on a RELEASE by
RELEASE basis except when I hit a problem. The fact is that I do have a
problem and I need to know if it has a) been reported and b) fixed.

I know that Greg doesn't like multiple questions in single emails so I
will not go into the problem here I just want to avoid putting it to
questions if I can browse for myself.

Malcolm G. Boff
Sylmex Ltd.