Date:      Fri, 6 Jan 1995 12:38:04 -0600
From:      Terry Lee <terry@uivlsi.csl.uiuc.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI support for multiple LUNs?

	By default, sd devices only support LUN 0.  I remember hearing before
the reason is that some disks incorrectly report on all LUNs.  So in order
for LUN 1 on my Emulex MD21 to be recognized, I had to modify scsiconf.c .
I'd like to add an entry to scsiconf.c so that Emulex sd devices are probed
for multiple LUNs.  But why is vendor info probe disabled for SCSI0 (which
the MD21 is) devices?  Is this specified in the SCSI specs.?  I enabled
the vendor info probe, and the MD21 was probed correctly.  So, can vendor info
probe be safely enabled for SCSI0 (thus all SCSI) devices?  Thanks.

					Terry Lee
					terry@uivlsi.csl.uiuc.edu