Date:      Sat, 08 Jan 2005 22:15:23 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-2?Q?=A3ukasz_Bromirski?= <lbromirski@mr0vka.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw/verrevpath and source MAC logging - reloaded

Hi,

I've asked few days ago (two weeks actually), about implementing
something like `log-input' keyword just like on Cisco IOS routers,
when the ACE with this argument is hit it logs also the source MAC
address, which is very valuable on multiaccess networks, like
Ethernet. As nobody responded, I've digged the sources for a moment,
and with my limited knowledge about mbuf's I'm stuck at the following
comment:

ip_fw2.c:

   * args->eh     The MAC header. It is non-null for a layer2
   *      packet, it is NULL for a layer-3 packet.

...so, is there some good soul on the list that will point me
where to look for MAC source address when we're dealing with
`layer 3 packet' in ipfw nomenclature?

--
this space was intentionally left blank    |            Łukasz Bromirski
you can insert your favourite quote here   |        lukasz:bromirski,net