Date:      Sun, 9 Jan 2000 18:02:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Pat Lynch <lynch@bsd.unix.sh>
To:        Olaf Hoyer <ohoyer@fbwi.fh-wilhelmshaven.de>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: German FreeBSD and advocacy

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Olaf Hoyer wrote:

> (Please forgive me for using Microshit products, but my whole emailing
> resides also for some compatibility/archiving (about 8000 mails) reasons
> for years on it. If someone could recommend a product like Eudora Pro for
> FreeBSD, I'd be happy ;-)  )

actually the mailbox formats are the same format that elm/pine/mutt read
afaik.

so there ya go ;)

> Ok: My idea was to do some work in the advocacy field regarding germany,
> and contributing to the documentation (translating/working on handbook and
> howtos, perhaps a pile/booklet of manpages came to my mind), as my spare
> time will allow.

If you;ve got the spare time, I'm sure that would help ALOT. Advocacy is
just as important as coding IMHO.

> Thought was to do something with a german booklet, a nice and snappy
> packaging, so that it can compete against a big Linux package sitting next
> to it on the shelf.
> Of course, here has to be done some work/research with walnut creek, as
> they are doing some business also with that, inhowfar one could come
> together on that issue.

Thats probably a good idea, but I'll let the guys that do that for a
living answer to that one ;)

-Pat>

__

Pat Lynch						lynch@rush.net
							lynch@bsdunix.net
							lynch@unix.sh
							lynch@blowfi.sh
Systems Administrator					Rush Networking