Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 1996 03:06:40 +0900
From:      hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        neufeld@cs.ubc.ca
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: DHCP?

In article <"14690*neufeld@cs.ubc.ca"@MHS>
neufeld@cs.ubc.ca writes:

>> My question is: has anyone got DHCP operational (I only need the client
>> part). If you have, please let me know. I would also be interested in knowing
>> if there are any future plans for DHCP and FreeBSD. (Our university has
>> put Ethernet plugs into all the libraries for lap-tops; again only supporting
>> DHCP.)

FYI:
I'm using WIDE DHCP (in ports collection) with 2.2-ALPHA (and
PAO-961215 package).  Please see /etc/pccard_ether and
/sys/i386/conf/PAO in PAO package.  When I plug an Ethernet card into
laptop, WIDE DHCP client successfully gets IP addresses and other
network configurations from DHCP server running on Sun workstation.

PAO-961215 for 2.2-ALPHA
ftp://ryukyu.mt.cs.keio.ac.jp/pub/FreeBSD/PAO/PAO-961215.tar.gz

--
	HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi              E-mail: hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
	  WWW homepage: http://www.mt.cs.keio.ac.jp/person/hosokawa.html