Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2009 03:31:20 -0800
From:      Carl <k0802647@telus.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 7.1 distribution DVD

I've downloaded 7.1-RELEASE-i386-dvd1.iso and created a bootable USB
thumb drive with it. It boots up and launches sysinstall as expected.
However, when I try to launch the liveFS from the Fixit menu, it will
only look on /dev/acd0. What do I need to modify so that it will look
for the liveFS on the thumb drive?

Alternatively, since I'm using Grub as a multiboot manager, how would I
alter the FreeBSD boot configuration such that it boots the liveFS
directly instead of the primitive sysinstall-only boot option?

Carl                                             / K0802647