Date:      Sun, 9 Nov 1997 13:47:39 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   atapi cd problems reading last audio track

I am not sure if others are having this problem... with IDE CD driver,
I have always had problems playing the last track of an audio CD. I use
cdcontrol, and when I specify "Play" without parameters (or specify a
range which includes the last track on a disk) it complains sayin

	cdcontrol: Input/output error

Quickly looking at the cdcontrol source, it seems that the arguments
are directly passed to the driver, so the problem might be in the
kernel, not in cdcontrol.

BTW I can manage to play parts of the last track if I specify times
instead of track numbers, and do not request for the complete track
(e.g. leaving the last block or second out).

Sounds like a bug in the kernel, where the boundary check is off by
one... this is on 2.2.1 at least, I cannot check if it has been fixed.

	Cheers
	Luigi