Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 1996 14:49:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dave Walton <dwalton@psiint.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Samy Touati <lmcsato@lmc.ericsson.se>, Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.Com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BitsurfrPro on FBSD 2.1 & MLPPP broken

On Thu, 28 Mar 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > After this result I'm starting to suspect freebsd as being the problem,
[* especially after I gave it a try with win 95 and the modem didn't resets
[* itself.

> I wouldn't, at least not yet - try another brand; who's to say that Moto
> *fixed* the problem?

I don't mean to be a pain here, but I really don't understand the
insistence that this is purely a hardware problem.  The second half of
his sentence above (which you didn't quote) points out that the same
hardware works correctly under Win95.  I'm not suggesting that it's
entirely FreeBSD's problem, since other TA's work correctly.  I'm just
surprised at the attitude that it's all Motorola's fault.  Win95
demonstrates that it IS possible for the hardware to work correctly.

> > I'm going to try another brand of external TA, does anybody have a
> > suggestion, of a TA that is working with freebsd and mlppp?
>
> ADTRAN!  http://www.adtran.com

Just checked it out.  Interesting stuff.  Any idea of the street price of
the ISU Express?

Dave

David Walton                                     Unix Programmer
PSI INTERNATIONAL, Inc.                          email: dwalton@psiint.com
190 South Orchard #C200                          Fax  :(707)451-6484
Vacaville, CA 95688                              Phone:(707)451-3503