Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 12:28:30 -0600
From:      "Kris Lander" <kris-bsd@networld.com>
To:        <freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Child failed

I sent a message to the list yesterday about an error message I got when
trying to use PicoBSD to dialup to my ISP.  I realized when I wrote the
message I probably didn't provide enough information. So, here we go again.

Then I execute the dialup script it goes all the way to the end and asks me
if I would like to test the connection. After I select yes, I get the
following error:

     Working in background mode
     Using interface: tun0
     Child Failed (errdead).

I also get this same error message when I invoke the command
'ppp -disconnect dialup'.  I've checked my /etc/ppp/ppp.conf file, and it
looks fine. I'm trying to access my modem at /dev/cuaa2.  I read in the
supported hardware file that COM3 and COM4 are disabled by default, and that
they need to be enabled in UserConfig. I think that may be my problem, but I
can't seem to find UserConfig.

Any advice you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kris Lander