Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 23:32:12 -0500
From:      Brian Adkins <brian@lojic.com>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Successful sites using FreeBSD

I'm very new to FreeBSD (I installed it a few days ago), and one of the
things that impressed me when I was evaluating it prior to deciding to try
it out was Yahoo!'s and Walnut Creek's use of it.  The fact that those two
heavily hit sites used FreeBSD gave me a very favorable impression of the
operating system.

I was surprised I wasn't made aware of that fact until I started looking
specifically at the operating system.

If those kind of success stories were more widely known, I think it would
benefit FreeBSD.  I don't suppose Yahoo! would be willing to put a "powered
by" log on their front page :)