Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2012 15:01:49 +0300
From:      Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?IlRob21hcyBHw7ZsbG5lciAoTmV3c2xldHRlciki?= <Newsletter@goelli.de>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS: Corrupted pool metadata after adding vdev to a pool - no opportunity to rescue data from healthy vdevs? Remove a vdev? Rewrite metadata?

11.09.2012 14:07, Thomas Göllner (Newsletter) wrote:

> I hope someone can tell me what I can try to do. I will appreachiate any
> kind of help...

Looks pretty bad, but you can try readonly mode with transaction
rollback and recheck:

     zpool import -f -R /GoelliZFS1 -N -o readonly=on -F -X GoelliZFS1

Now by options:

   -f: force import;
   -R: change root directory for all mounts;
   -N: do not mount filesystems;
   -o: pass extra options to zfs layer;
   -F: try to discard last few transactions;
   -X: check thoroughly each transaction skipped (undocumented).

You can skip -X for the first time, with -X it can take tens of hours.

If this doesn't help I welcome you to our club of 'I borged my ZFS'. I
lost my pool after fiddling with my hardware so last few transactions
got damaged and I constantly see only yell on 'bad objset' but I can't
mount any other objset.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.