Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 1995 21:12:58 -3100 (PDT)
From:      bmk@dtr.com
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Subject:   Re: 950412-SNAP Installation with ESDI (WD1007V) System

[lots of useful information removed]

Unfortunately, I haven't been following this thread from the start - but
as it turns out, I should have been, because I'll be installing FreeBSD
on systems with a WD1007SE ESDI controller sometime this week.

There won't be a DOS partition, and I don't plan on using any
translation.  What problems (if any) can I expect to see, and what's the
best way to handle less-than-perfect media?