Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:58:35 -0600
From:      Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   samba: "force group" problem?

I'm running an old version of Samba (2.0.7), and can not seem to make
'force group' work. I've got a group called 'samba', but all new files
are created owned by group 'wheel'. A level 10 debug log seems to indicate
that it is changing the GID to 'samba', but it doesn't ever really
happen.

I've seen at least two other people describe this exact problem when
running Samba under FreeBSD, and I'm beginning to wonder if this is a
bug.

[global]
	netbios name = SAMBA
	security = domain
	workgroup = CORP-1
	password server = whirlpool
	encrypt passwords = yes
	username map = /usr/local/etc/samba/usermap
	invalid users = root bin daemon adm sync shutdown \
		halt mail news uucp operator gopher slist
	message command = /usr/X11R6/bin/linpopup "%f" "%m" %s; rm %s
[homes]
	browseable = no
	writable = yes
[docs]