Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 18:08:29 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Dave Mckeown <davedude@primenet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel

Hi,

 Having problems, with unlocking a kernel on my system after a failed
build. I've booted off kernel.old, recompiled and make install is
failing..

smack# chflags noschg /kernel
chflags: /kernel: Operation not permitted
smack#

smack# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(wheel) groups=0(wheel), 2(kmem), 3(sys), 4(tty),
5(operator), 20(staff), 31(guest)
smack#

 4.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE #0: Mon Nov 20 13:02:55 GMT 2000
jkh@bento.FreeBSD.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

 Im new to FreeBSD, and am not finding enough documentation on this
problem. If anyone is willing to point me in the right direction it would
be much appreciated. Thanks.