Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 08:01:25 -0700
From:      "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist@ekahuna.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
Subject:   Re: Hardware RAID vs vinum

On 29 May 2002, at 8:06, Scott Long boldly uttered:

> The 5400S inherits very little from the DPT designs.  It's actually the
> same architecture that we've been selling to Dell (under the PERC2/3
> name) and HP (under the NetRAID-4M name) for a number of years.

Good to know, although obviously Dell's been buying from various
sources because I have a Dell Perc card here which is actually an
AMI/LSI Megaraid 300.

Some day Dell will actually design their own hardware.  Probably
around the time they've driven all the other companies with unique
technology into outsourcing it just like them. :-/

Phil

--
Philip J. Koenig                                       pjklist@ekahuna.com
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New Millenium