Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 17:17:17 -0500
From:      FreeBSD mailing shiz <freebsd-q@cambridge.lh.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI on Compaq DL380?

Folks,

Does anyone know if it's actually possible to use
the integrated SCSI/RAID controller that comes with
a Compaq DL380 with FreeBSD? I can't seem to generate
a kernel that will see either. The controller, according
to the Compaq bootup screens, is a Compaq Smart Array
RAID controller, or something like that, which *does*
appear to have FreeBSD kernel support. However, I still
can't get it, or the plain old SCSI controller, to show
up in FreeBSD at boot.

There's an IC near the SCSI ports on the motherboard
that says "LSI - Symbios" on it, which leads me to believe
that the actual SCSI controller might just be a Symbios
controller, for which there is kernel support. Still
no go. Any ideas? Thanks.

Franklin

--
Franklin Trumpy