Date:      Sun, 05 Nov 2006 11:33:24 +0000
From:      Peter Wood <peter@alastria.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPSEC, isakmpd, tunnel/transport encapsulation...

Heya Chris,

> I tried to setup something exactly like you did. I could do it fine with
> freebsd boxes as I would do it via username not ip. Never really got the
> roblem sorted for windows though. I ended up using openVPN instead.

Thanks for your follow up, I've used OpenVPN before and I agree it is a
lot easier, however in this case I don't want the requirement of
installing software on the end clients who might only log on once every
few months.

Also it's NAT traversing capabilities don't really apply as it's IP to
IP on the same subnet :).

Cheers for the suggestion though, I'll keep kicking it for a bit longer.

I should add that the config I previously gave for isakmpd had a mistake
(from my trails and errors).

#Configuration   = ipsec-quick-mode

Was actually uncommented.

Configuration   = ipsec-quick-mode