Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2007 08:59:04 +0100
From:      Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
To:        "Aryeh M. Friedman" <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
Cc:        dougb@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: questions on development(7)

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 04:56:24AM +0000, Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:
> 4. Mergemaster behaves strange now:   everytime I run it does a
> buildworld before doing the merge (even if I just did a
> installworld)... also it seems to default this to /usr/src2 (which is
> most of the time what I want)... is this normal? and if so how do I
> turn it off and if I can't how do I set which source tree to use?

This is because you're using -m /usr/src2 instead -m /usr/src2/etc.
mergemaster(8) isn't well documented for this point.

I've written a PR about this and Ruslan Ermilov pointed out he
already submitted a better solution to this problem nearly two years
ago.

Mine: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/118536
Ruslan's: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=96528

Regards,