Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 1998 19:52:01 -0500
From:      Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        dg@root.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mapping phyical memory in to the PCI address range...

The UARTs they use on the board have a 64 byte buffer. By Cyclades
estimates, about 32 bytes would be available about the time the
firmware would be ready to move the data into whatever buffers
it uses.

And no, Mike, I don't mind you butting in. Thats why I threw this in
the air, to try to get several opinions from several people, and try
to hash out who was right, and why... I figured that after some debate,
a clearer cut answer would come out.

Again, I ask from the perspective that I'm trying to minimize HOST CPU
usage for moving the data, and figured a RAM (buffer) to RAM (clist) copy on
the motherboard would be cheaper/faster for the host than a RAM (buffer) to
RAM (clist) copy over the PCI bus. I'd therefore also expect that the inverse
would be true. But, from most of what I've heard, there should be little
difference at a cost of extra PLX9060 programming (which looks easy on
paper).
	-Brian