Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:40:27 -0700
From:      Joe Rhett <jrhett@isite.net>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Proper process for reporting bugs

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 01:22:31PM -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
> Secondly (and more importantly) I believe his point is that the way things
> get fixed is through PRs ... whether or not you have patches is not the
> point.  If you don't file a PR, it probably won't get fixed.  If you do
> file a PR, you have something to ping people about (i.e. "Hey, has anyone
> looked at fixing PR/####?")
> While PRs that include patches are preferred, there's nothing to stop you
> from filing a PR that simply lists the things that are lacking in the
> handbook.  It's likely to take a LOT longer to get handled, but you can
> still do it.
>
> This is _not_ the correct forum for this kind of discussion, however.

And yet, the guidelines for the PRs specifically state that submissions
that have not been discussed in the mailing list will likely be ignored.
So instead of just submitting reports into GNATs, I did what the guidelines
suggested and posted it in the mailing list first.

For which I have gotten sarcastic responses and insults.

I _DID_ follow the process documented on the FreeBSD website.  The maturity
level of responses I have received leaves much to be desired.

--
Joe Rhett                                                      Chief Geek
JRhett@Isite.Net                                      Isite Services, Inc.