Date:      Thu, 25 Oct 2012 13:15:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeffrey Bouquet <jeffreybouquet@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cvsup > svn (ports,src) question and...

When using csup/cvsup sometimes I tee the result to a new logfile so that I do not have to run pkg_version for what-to-upgrade information [1]. How could that be attained using subversion (svn)?  A not-trivial inconvenience if it is not possible.
[1] my $PAGER (/lookat/) has an easy search function, distinfo, for
example, and at least here is easier to read than 'less'  and its
analogues...
Anyone have any ideas about a ports-mgmt/legacy_pkg port of some sort that could layer a legacy /var/db/pkg set of files "on top of" the workings of /pkg/?  I thought about it a while, but came up with nothing to really expound upon, other than it being a good idea.
Thanks.
J. Bouquet