Date:      Mon, 06 Feb 2006 01:33:06 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        danger@rulez.sk
Cc:        re@FreeBSD.org, scottl@samsco.org, doc@FreeBSD.org, www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [patch] XML'ified version of release todo list

----Security_Multipart(Mon_Feb__6_01_33_06_2006_045)--

Daniel Gerzo <danger@rulez.sk> wrote
  in <2410146308.20060205115220@rulez.sk>:

da> Sunday, February 5, 2006, 12:30:02 AM, you wrote:
da> > advantages to switching our process to XML here?
da>
da>    It should be a lot easier for people editing the todo list to
da>    change for example the class from showstopper to testing, simply by
da>    editing the class="" attribute in <entry> element in todo.xml and
da>    the xsl template will take over other work for you. You don't need
da>    to move a long part of html code down to the other section. Also,
da>    it is possible to sort the list (it's sorted by Issue name now)

 Well, I agree that XML is useful but I believe this sort of simple
 .html-->.xml conversion has few advantages because .html is
 simpler than .xml + .xsl + .dtd and many developers are familiar
 with HTML.

 So if we do so, I think we need to make clear the benefits.
 I personally think simplification and/or improving reusability
 can become an advantage, but since whether it makes editing easier
 or not depends on who edits it and how frequently it will be edited,
 it is not persuasive very much.